We did ordinary joys, and ordinary irritations. Now we move to the stuff of fantasy.
You hit lotto. It's a huge jackpot, enough to afford anything money can buy for the rest of your life. What do you do? Top 10.
1. Travel. Go everywhere. Travel for three or four months a year.
2. Fully fund the War Resisters Support Campaign so we never have to fundraise again. (If this no longer applies, fully fund other grassroots military-resistance/peace organizations.)
3. Fully fund pit bull education, advocacy and rescue programs, like this one.
4. Create a foundation to support progressive grassroots activism. Hire great administrators to give the money away.
5. Give a ton of money to the National Network of Abortion Funds.
6. Adopt a whole bunch of dogs. This appears to clash with travel, but I'll figure it out.
7. Drop money on various friends and family who need a mortgage or school loans paid off.
8. Buy a small house on a lake, to live in quiet semi-solitude when not traveling. Nothing huge, just a comfortable, rustic-style house with a deck, a view and two fireplaces. Fill it with pottery, rugs and art from native peoples of the Americas.
9. Write. Set up a luxurious writing discipline to frame the rest of my life.
Post a Comment