A few years ago, I wrote in this blog:
I don't do New Year's Resolutions, but I do enjoy using the revolution of our Earth around the Sun as an excuse to take stock in where I am and think about where I'm going.
This is not a Big Promise To Do Something; it's not even goal-setting. In my ongoing work to free myself from a strong tendency towards All Or Nothing, to not paint myself into a corner, to not create Rules which I then use to limit my experiences, I don't even set concrete goals.
My thinking takes the form of general precepts that I'm trying to remember.
* Continue to work only the hours I am paid, to take breaks, and to work at a human pace.
* Continue ongoing digital minimalism: less social media, breaks from texting, enjoy analog pursuits.
* Pay attention to my important long-distance friendships.
* Spend time outdoors when weather and time permits.
* Continue doing what I can to stay healthy physically and mentally. (New post coming soon.)
I am looking forward to several things this year.
* Seeing my mother and other family if at all possible.
* Zoom dates with close friends on a regular basis. (This is new.)
* Being active in my union.
* Allan and I have been working on financial goals, and I'm looking forward to those advancing.
* I'm more physically fit than I have been in many years, and I'm looking forward to maintaining that.
I hope you're being kind to yourself and looking forward to 2022 with at least cautious optimism.