Sexual Assault Prevention Tips Guaranteed to Work!
1. Don't put drugs in people's drinks in order to control their behavior.
2. When you see someone walking by themselves, leave them alone!
3. If you pull over to help someone with car problems, remember not to assault them!
4. NEVER open an unlocked door or window uninvited.
5. If you are in an elevator and someone else gets in, DON'T ASSAULT THEM!
6. Remember, people go to laundry to do their laundry, do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
7. USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM! If you are not able to stop yourself from assaulting people, ask a friend to stay with you while you are in public.
8. Always be honest with people! Don't pretend to be a caring friend in order to gain the trust of someone you want to assault. Consider telling them you plan to assault them. If you don't communicate your intentions, the other person may take that as a sign that you do not plan to rape them.
9. Don't forget: you can't have sex with someone unless they are awake!
10. Carry a whistle! If you are worried you might assault someone "on accident" you can hand it to the person you are with, so they can blow it if you do.
And, ALWAYS REMEMBER: if you didn't ask permission and then respect the answer the first time, you are commiting a crime - no matter how "into it" others appear to be.
Some years back, I wrote a few books for a series called "Everything You Need To Know About...", written for teens who are struggling readers. The publisher wanted to finish the title with "...Preventing Sexual Assault," but I couldn't live with that. Fortunately my editor backed me up and we went with "Everything You Need To Know About... Dealing with Sexual Assault".
Thanks to James for sending the Femin-Ally link. If your computer is at all unstable, I advise against clicking through.