Welcome to wmtc.
Please be aware that this blog is not an open forum for discussion of any topic from any point of view. Comments are very welcome and encouraged, within the following guidelines.
1. Please do not post long blocks of text from other blogs or websites. Instead, post a sample with a link where interested readers can find more.
2. Discussions in comments frequently roam off the original topic, and that's fine when it happens organically. However, please do not take it upon yourself to redirect the topic of a post in non-sequitur fashion. For that, I respectfully ask you to use your own blog.
3. Please do not correct other commenters' grammar, usage or spelling.
The following types of comments will always be deleted:
1. Insults or verbal attacks.
2. Sexist, homophobic, racist or other offensive comments.
3. Religious proselytizing of any sort.
4. Comments with the primary purpose of driving traffic to another website.
5. Opinions that are deeply offensive to me, such as anti-abortion rights or pro-death penalty. There are numerous places online to debate the morality of abortion. Wmtc is not one of them.
No second chances. If your introductory post is an insult, all your comments will always be deleted, no matter what their tone or content. If you are so desperate to comment on wmtc that you want to try under an alternative name, go right ahead. You're not gaming me, as long as your comments fall within these guidelines.
This is not censorship. I am not the government. Wmtc is a personal site, and it's my right to run it in any manner I choose. This policy evolved naturally over time. It's been working well - promoting discussion among a friendly community, and helping me to stay sane - for more than two years, and I'm sticking with it.
For a more verbose explanation of this policy, see here, and here.